BBB Followers

Tuesday, April 14, 2015

We need more Ashley in this world

Oklahoma Restaurant Owner Leaves Note Inviting Dumpster Diver to a Free Meal

I avoid the news, I really do. It's so fully of nasty negative things, that I cringe at the site of a newspaper or an online link. I try to be as positive as I can be, in my own town. But when this came across my screen, I was full of tears. To love humans is not hard, but do we?? We talk the talk, but pass the buck often. Once a lady was in need and I honest to goodness was told by another business owner to send them to welfare. WHAT? Are you kidding me?? So it's the government's problem to fix our neighbor problems - HELL noooooo. An actual business owner passing the buck. NOPE, not this one NEVER...

This last paragraph really hit home for me. And there is that nasty word "PRIDE" - she is worried about the pride of another human and it weighs on her mind. To me she is the example we need to be living out, not reading...

“I don’t know if that person will ever come in with the attention this has gotten, because it could be pride. I don’t want to hurt anyone’s pride that’s not my intention at all; I just wanted to feed them something simple,” she said. “It has been so incredible the kind of support from everyone messaging and writing me and thanking me for something so simple that I thought was just second nature.”

So Ashley, thank you for serving.... God loves you as do I


No comments:

Post a Comment